Thursday, May 26, 2016

Week Nine - Amen

     Well, here we are at the end of two months. For me, it doesn't seem that long, to others, it may seem a lifetime! I'm posting this ahead because this Friday, I'm having a procedure done that will have me "out of it". I would appreciate if you would "Hold me in the light".

     So, what have we learned in all this? I remember a preacher once telling me the key to a good sermon was tell them what you're going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you told them. This would be the latter part! While there is so much more, this is what we covered.

1. Discipline yourself to prayer.
2. We are given a model to pray by.
3. Pray for, not about, each other.
4. God heals the broken hearted.
5. Forgive others, period.
6. Pray to God not as we think, but as He knows Himself to be.
7. Be Still and Wait - Silence is golden.
8. The Holy Spirit prays for and through us.

     Whew! Prayer seems so...well...complicated. But it's really not. Prayer is, at it's most fundamental, bringing yourself into the presence of God. Removing the barriers that we, not God, put up. Basking in His presence. Communicating. Even though we don't feel worthy, God has made us worthy to come to Him through the blood of Jesus. He sees us, not through Rose Colored glasses, but through Christ's blood that covers us. How beautiful, and precious, and wonderful to be seen as we are, but accepted as what we shall be! Whether it be with beads, at an alter, with scripture, or with simply "Lord, Jesus Christ, have mercy on me, a sinner", come to Him and often.

     It isn't often I feel the urge to write, as I have these last two months. I do know when I feel that calling, I have no choice but to obey. I don't know if this has been for someone else, or if I needed this for myself. (full disclosure-I did) If this has helped you in anyway, let me know in the comments here or on Facebook. I'd love the feedback.

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." 2 Corinthians 13:14

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment