Thursday, October 20, 2016

I Searched For You - a poem

I searched for you, LORD, in government halls.
Hoping laws would bring you to me.
But the laws were hollow, empty and bare.
Your love I just could not see.

I searched those who claimed only they know your way.
All other voices, they claimed, kept you away.
But the only voice they heard was their own, not yours.
Through them you had nothing to say.

I searched through Facebook, through Memes and posts.
I liked till my finger was sore.
Still your truth eluded my grasp.
And I knew that there must be more.

When all else had left me empty,
And life a disappointing defeat,
Your love came through, for while looking for you,
You were lovingly looking for me.

I trust nothing else to bring me to you.
Put nothing else first in my heart.
I give you my life, my soul, my all.
That's the only place I can start.

MDM 10/20/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment